You are Here Profotos > Members > Member Profile > Kaye Medica

© Kaye Medica

Member Since:
October 5, 2004

Total Images:
10 Design / Website Creators

Photography Books
Up to 50% off!

Click here to visit our photo bookstore where you can order photography books to help you creat better images. Treat yourself to the gift of better photography through reading!

Profotos Member Biography - Kaye Medica

Kaye grew up with aspirations of becoming an artist. Early on, you could find her buried behind a piece of paper or a canvas working on a self-perceived 'masterpiece'. Having been an art major in school, she learned the principles of composition, use of canvas, and a trained eye are all aspects shared across the gamut of media, and set about applying those concepts to her artistic endeavors in visual arts.

A photo hobbiest of more than 20+ years, Kaye let her photography take a backseat to other interests. Then in 2000, an introduction to digital technology provided the springboard needed to rekindle her interest in the hobby. And, rekindle it did! Armed with books and tutorials, and aided by 'the masters' and mentors encountered along the way, she learned and re-learned the basics and advanced skills and techniques. Recognizing that technique is only about 10% of the picture, the other 90% (or "eye") then set out to find and tell stories.

After having taken more than 10,000 digital photographs of everything from bugs to buildings (and all things in between), Kaye realized the best means of sharing her work would be to have a gallery created. And so it was done. Focusing on the simplicity of life - the unhurriedness of society, the beauty of places and things, and the tranquility (and oftentimes quirkiness) of nature - it is her goal to - someday - become a recognized visual storyteller. Recognized not by name - instead, by her photos. You can visit her gallery at

Kaye's words to live by? "Today is the tomorrow you were expecting yesterday. Will it be memorable?"

View Kaye's Portfolio

Sample Images from Kaye's Profotos Portfolio
Digital, Personal Exhibits

Information Source:
• View Portfolio
• Personal Website

Contact Info:
PO Box 70
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey  07442  USA
PH: 973-460-6726

Browse Categories
Search All Members
• View Entire List •
 Apply for a Gallery
 Member Galleries
 Featured Gallery
 Larry's Galleries
 Gallery Selection
 Profotos Magazine
 Photograhy Glossary
 The Reference Desk
 Search Engine
 Photo Masters
 Become a Member
 Member Selection
 Benefits Summary
 List of Members
 Refer Others
 Photographer List
 Pro WebRing
 Monthly Newsletter
 Link to Us
 Custom Site Design
 Profotos Store
 Advertise With Us
 Online Auctions
 The Bookstore
 Legal Information
 Who We Are
 Company History
 Contact Profotos
 The FAQ's
 Copyright Info.
Copyright ©1999-2011
(an independently owned company). All rights reserved.
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and Safety Information are applicable to this site.

Our Address:, 681 Inverness Drive, Fairborn, OH 45324 USA
Contact us via telephone: 937-660-0845